Tuesday 7 July 2015

Verdun

Today I left Paris for Verdun. It still feels pretty strange travelling by myself so far away from home.

Verdun is beautiful, everything is so green and the hills in the distance are beautiful. You don't really get to see that in Perth and that's exactly why I'm here - to get this sort of breath-taking experience :D

The only thing that sucks is the time zone difference.. It's hard to keep in contact with home unless I'm out (where I'm busy) or I'm home (when he's sleeping)

Tomorrow I get to spend a day touring the battlefields and the memorials of the battle of Verdun. Feels like I've been waiting for this moment for so long, yet it still surprises me that I'm doing it now.

I guess this is what it feels like when you can stop dreaming and start living :D

Peace out!

No comments: